Monday, May 12, 2014

30 Day Challenge: Day 6

Day 6, Three Pet peeves

I have very few things that I let bother me to the point of being a pet peeve, so this post is really going to be the worst of the worst, and trust me it is not that bad.
I mean seriously, come on!

1. Grammar, Spelling, and Wrong Word Usage

I know I'm not the only person that is bothered by this so I will keep it short and sweet. You are an educated  person, at least a high school graduate, so please just make the effort to make it look that way. Now I'm not perfect I make grammar mistakes, however, I do make the best effort to at least portray an air of education in the words that I use both here, and in all of my social media exploits. You should do the same.

2. Public Ignorance, on social media

If you are going to post, share, or comment on something that is, a) controversial, b) "groundbreaking," c) mind blowing, d) otherwise going to stir up conversation. Please make sure you at least confirm that it is real, I am so tired of people posting things that are not only ridiculous but totally and completely false. for example just the other day one of my friends posted a meme image of Duane "The Rock" Johnson that had the message "RIP The Rock you will be missed" with an article message underneath explaining more details, now I am by no means a wrestling fan but I have always appreciated what The Rock has done with is career Not to mention he is way to young to have died of anything natural, so I was skeptical. Well, a quick google search provided me the quick answer to my wonder, it was fake, completely and totally fake, The rock was not even in the country that the article had cited, nor is he participating in the event cited as causing the accident (something wrestling related). It was just very frustrating to have that posted, immediately feel grief as I am extremely empathetic, and then find out that the whole thing was a fake. Research people, google exists for a reason.

3. The inability to read a sign right in front of your face. 

Be it a warning sign or informational sign, they are posted for your convenience so read them. Maybe this is because I have worked in customer service for so long, but  cannot count the number of times I have had people ask me what kind of credit cards are accepted, when we have a sign sitting not three feet from where they stand, or some one coming to the front desk asking about the $50 dollar authorization put on their card before they have paid, when we have a sign sitting right in front of the computers, or even better yet the classic wet paint/floor sign questions, where someone will ask if said object or floor is actually wet. Read people you have an ability that 1 out of 5 people on this planet does not have, take advantage of that.   

No comments:

Post a Comment