Monday, May 19, 2014

30 Day Challenge: Day 8

Alright so the reason I missed posting for a few days is because A) I was super busy with work, and B) I had to modify this challenge to fit me a bit more, since I'm a guy I couldn't really post about the original "day 8, what's in your handbag?" or a few others about make up, etc. those changes took a bit longer than I thought they would and consumed my designated blogging time. 

30 Day Challenge: Day 8, One thing (object) I cannot live without. 

Alright so when I recreated this topic within the challenge, I was thinking material items, or perhaps stretching it a bit to be an activity. However, the more I think about it the one thing that I cannot life without is the church. Now, I'm not necessarily talking about River of Life where we attend weekly services, though that is a big part of my life right now. I mean the community that is the church, as was intended by Jesus. My wife and I just recently took a life group course called "Gospel in Life" by Timothy Keller, now I'm not going to lie both Camille and I found it fairly difficult to get through the entire course. Though the one main message really stuck with me. Basically, as Christians it is our duty to live within our community all the while staying true to our calling, loving and caring for others as Jesus loved and cared for us. Jesus loved us unconditionally, he did not discriminate, he did not judge, he simply loved. So it is important for us as a church to learn form and lean on each other,because universal love does not come easy, but it is necessary and it is our charge as Christians to do so to the best of our ability.


No comments:

Post a Comment